Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester
The Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester is a comprehensive, sophisticated low voltage installation tester. It is the latest in Megger’s series of MFT1700 Multifunction testers and features a unique (patent-pending) algorithm for earth loop impedance testing.
This unique algorithm facilitates the Megger MFT1741’s ability to perform quick, repeatable 3-wire non-trip loop tests on noisy and quiet circuits. The results obtained from these tests are unaffected by RCD and RCBO impedance and the test itself will not trip a vast majority of RCDs and RCBOs, with the exception of 30mA Type B. Should the user wish to test a circuit containing these rare Type B RCD and RCBOs, he/she need only select the Type B loop test option. This multifunction tester is particularly well suited to testing circuits which include 10mA RCDs and RCBOs, such as those present in schools.
Further to this, the patent-pending algorithm ensures that all the results attained via the Megger MFT1741’s 3-wire non-trip loop tests are accompanied by an arc indicating the reading’s reliability. For instance, should the user perform a loop test on a quiet circuit the Megger MFT1741 will respond swiftly with a provisional reading accompanied by a large visual arc, indicating the readings uncertainty; once this reading has stabilised (after approximately eight seconds) the large arc will shrink to a single element, indicating that the reading is now highly reliable.
With regards to noisy circuits the tester will gradually reduce the arc as the reading becomes increasingly stable; however, should the noise in the circuit increase the size of the arc will also expand, indicating the result’s increased unreliability.
In addition to performing 3-wire non-trip loop tests, the Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester can also be used to carry out a number of other loop tests, such as:
- 2-wire non-trip loop tests (no neutral)
- High-speed, 2-wire, high current loop tests on unprotected circuits
Like the Megger MFT1731, this product can also be used to test insulation and earth electrodes, as well as take continuity, resistance, frequency and true-RMS voltage measurements. Similarly, this product also features single and three phase RCD testing and phase rotation.
The results taken using the Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester are displayed on its large, LCD display with dual parameter indication: this multifunction tester can simultaneously display loop resistance and fault current, or insulation resistance and test voltage parameters. These results can also be stored in the Megger MFT1741’s internal memory or can be downloaded using its built-in Bluetooth connectivity.
Like its sister models, the Megger MFT1741 features a colour coded test selection and a robust casing which protects the instrument against dust and water ingress (IP54). Furthermore, this product also has a safety rating of EN61010 CAT IV and includes audible and visual safety warnings triggered by hazardous voltages. The Megger MFT1741 will also prevent further testing if a dangerous voltage is present.
The Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester with Loop Confidence Meter combines Megger’s MFT1700 easy-to-use, accurate and safe features with a new unique algorithm for earth loop impedance tests; thereby ensuring that this product is the most sophisticated and versatile of the Megger MFT1700 series.
Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester with Loop Confidence Meter
- NEW: Comprehensive low voltage installation tester with a unique, patent-pending algorithm for earth loop impedance testing
- NEW: Performs quick, repeatable 3-wire non-trip loop tests on noisy and quiet circuits
- NEW: Results are not affected by RCD and RCBO impedance
- NEW: 3-wire non-trip loop impedance tests will not trip a vast majority of RCDs
- NEW: Type B loop test option for performing 3-wire non-trip loop tests on circuits containing 30mA Type B RCD or RCBOs
- NEW: Ideal for conducting 3-wire non-trip loop tests on circuits including 10mA RCDs and RCBOs
- NEW: Built-in confidence meter: arc will decrease as the reliability of the reading increases
- 2-wire non-trip loop tests (no neutral)
- High-speed 2-wire high current loop tests on unprotected circuits
- Continuity measurements
- Resistance measurements
- Frequency measurements
- True-RMS voltage measurements
- Insulation testing
- Earth electrode testing
- Single and three phase RCD testing
- Phase rotation
- Large, LCD display with dual parameter indication
- Internal memory
- Bluetooth communication
- Robust casing
- IP54, protected against water and dust ingress
- Safety rating of EN61010 CAT IV
- Audible and visual safety warnings for hazardous voltage levels
- Prevents testing when hazardous voltage levels have been reached
- Colour coded test selection